Nurturing The Next Generation Of World Aces
Sreenidhi Sports Academy’s tennis program delivers a holistic training structure that allows its players to balance their education with their designing and developing tennis careers. Student-athletes are challenged daily to reach their full potential and to become champions on and off the court. Athletes progress physically, mentally, technically, and tactically, while also witnessing personal growth through character development and leadership skills.
Our aim is to provide a challenging environment and opportunities that enable and inspire student-athletes to maximize and reach their highest potential in the sport across three components of the game (Tactical, Technical, Mental, Physical, and Nutritional). In addition, we aim to implement structures into all our day-to-day sessions which teach the game of tennis and life skills.
Our Tennis program is structured to maximize each aspirant’s potential and enhance his/her skills in the sport. The entire Long Term Framework (LTD) of the tennis program enables players to reach their fullest potential in the game by streamlining their competitive commitments, optimal training, and recovery throughout their sporting careers.
Our finest team of coaches and mentors is ever focused on assisting and nurturing student-athletes to enhance their skills, mindsets, strength, discipline, and strong character, essential for athletes to reach their highest level of personal growth and professional achievement.
Athlete Development Pathways
Mr. Taran Ramaiah, Tennis Head Coach
Mr. Taran Ramaiah is the Head Coach for Tennis at SNSA with a broad experience of 13 years in national and international circuits. He is AITA ITF Level 3 Certified, PTR Certified, and RPT World Tour Certified coach who nurtured many youngsters to become world-class tennis champions.
Mr. Krishna, Tennis Coach
Our graceful and impactful tennis coach Mr. Krishna has a rich experience of over 18 years in the sport with 5 years of effective coaching experience at SNSA. He is highly qualified with a Bachelor’s degree in physical education from Sri Venkateswara University. Furthermore, he is an integral part of NIS, International tennis federation level-1, and AITA Level 4 from New Delhi.
Mr. G. A. Raju, Tennis Coach
Our highly accomplished tennis coach G. A. Raju has a glorious experience of 19 years in the sport and a greatly successful 9 years tenure at SNSA. He did his B.Com from NIS, Bangalore, and helped numerous tennis aspirants to reach their highest potential at top tournaments at the national and international levels.
- The focus is on developing fundamental skills including the ABCs of agility, balance coordination, and speed.
- Participate in a fun and challenging environment.
- Introduction of basic rules, tactics, and strategies in games and competitions.
- Introduction of the ancillary capacities (warm up, cool down, mobility, nutrition, and mental skills).
- Consolidation of sports-specific fundamental skills.
- Introduction to structured strength training, conditioning, nutrition, and periodized skill training.
- Identification and correction of tactical and strategic errors.
- More competition and introduction to national competitions.
- Year-round periodization.
Development of pattern recognition skills and situational analysis.
- Increased emphasis on technique and tactics under pressure.
- Introduction to International and national competitions.
- Introduction to Training camps, tours, and competition schedule.
- Solidify sports-specific and position-specific skills.
- Using Imagery at an advanced level (Skills, Strategies, Coping with challenges, and Winning).
4. Elite Stage
- Multiple periodizations with High-Performance sports-specific development.
- Refining of all skills.
Maximum emphasis on technique and tactics under pressure.
- Maximize sports-specific skills.
Advanced Imagery utilization.
- Demonstrate self-control over emotions and the ability to deal with distractions/unforeseen situations.
- Training and Recovery
- Schedules are prepared according to various national and international competitions in a calendar.
Sports Science in Integrated Program
We believe that Sports Science is a fundamental component in the holistic development of a modern-day athlete. Our Integrated sports program is driven by science in our quest to help athletes achieve their greatest potential.
Sports Science Department Responsibilities
SNSA’s Sports Science Department comprises a group of highly qualified experts whose mandate is to carry out specific applied research and develop innovative and new approaches for training and performance enhancement across the integrated sports program.
The sports science team specializes in seven aspects: Strength and Conditioning, Sports Biomechanics, Sports Psychology, Sports Physiology, Talent Identification, Sports Nutrition, Research, and Quality Assurance. The specialist departments use the same three-tier method: Identifying talent, Developing potential, and pushing sports science research forward.
It is paramount to have organized and progressive planning to ensure the appropriate development of the athletes in each age category, according to their ability level and capacity to learn.
The year is divided into two main phases the pre-season phase and the competition phase. Due to the ecosystem in which the Academy is inserted, pre-competition phases need to be planned during the second phase before the athletes participate in various meets to ensure an adequate periodization.
Phase I focuses on:
The introduction of sports-specific principles, models, and development of the technical and tactical aspects of respective disciplines. Attention is also paid to the physical and psychological preparation of the athletes.
Phase II focuses on:
The consolidation of all aspects of athlete development, technical, tactical, physical, and psychological, to optimize performance during competition periods.
To continue enhancing their skill development, all our student-athletes depending on their developmental stage participate in the following competitions:
. Schools games
. Local tournaments and Leagues
. State Level competitions
. National Level Competitions
. Regional and International competitions